The International Turaco Society was set up in 1993 by a group of turaco enthusiasts who met at the Cotswold Wildlife Park in Burford (Oxfordshire in England). Anyone interested in any aspect of keeping or breeding turacos is welcome to join.
- £15 U.K. or overseas, if you want magazine issues posted to you.
- £10 U.K. or overseas, if you want magazine issues sent via e-mail link to download as pdfs.
support the I.T.S. You can apply or renew on
line. The subscription fee for 2022 is now overdue. Thank you to the members who have already renewed.
If you wish to pay a subscription directly into the ITS bank account, please contact the webmaster for details of our bank account.
Members, remember that you can advertise turacos wanted or for sale on this website, free of charge, see here.
Issue 57 - Spring 2022: A printed version was posted out to all paid-up members on 06/04/22 and a link to a pdf copy was e-mailed out on 08/04/22. Copies are only sent to members who have paid the subscription for 2022, so please renew if you haven't already done so. Thank you.
If you have anything which could be included in future issues, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Turaco Society AGM - Saturday 23rd April 2022: The 2022 AGM is planned for Saturday 23rd April 2022 at 2pm at Cotswold Wildlife Park, Burford, Oxfordshire, England, OX18 4JP - details.
We currently have a vacancy on the committee which is open to any existing member if they feel they would like to help towards the running of the society. They would need to be proposed and seconded in writing by two other existing members of the ITS, together with a brief note of what they think they could do to help the ITS. If more than one person is proposed, then there would need to be an election at the AGM.
- Offer to UK ITS Members of surplus stock from Paradise Park (members only) - added 23rd July
- Numbers of members and which countries they come from (members only, link 'Information') - updated 15th July
- Magazine extract for Issue 57 (members link 'Resources') - added 23rd June
- Magazine contents full list - updated 23rd June
- ITS members invited to Avicultural Society Summer Social Meeting - see visits - added 22nd June
- Minutes of 2022 Committee Meeting and A.G.M. (members only, link 'Meetings') - added 20th May
- ITS committee members edited here - edited 20th May
- Members adverts - turacos wanted or for sale - updated 15th May
- Update to ITS Conservation Projects here - updated 8th May
- Chairman's report for 2022, including accounts for the year (members only, link 'Meetings') - added 26th April
- The I.T.S. 2023 AGM, is proposed to take place on Saturday 15th April 2023, at 2pm at the Cotswold Wildlife Park, Burford, Oxon., England and on Zoom online - see visits - added 26th April
- Members personal details, by request only (members only, link 'Information') - updated 22nd April
- Magazine Issue 57 available for purchase - here - added 5th April
- Prince Ruspoli's Turaco pin badges for sale £2.50 per badge here (see brochure) - added 27th March
- White-cheeked Turaco picked up in Birmingham - details here - added 21st February
- Links to a blog which walks you through the steps of creating a DIY wire mesh bird feeder and a website for birding beginners (both recommended by Roxanne), plus to a Backyard Birdwatching website in North Carolina (recommended by Leslie) - other sites - added 25th January
- Update of members' password for 2022 (members only) - 1st January
- Turaco pencil tins for sale £10.00 each (three designs available) here - added 3rd June
- Message about Fischer's Turacos available from Tina Bouttle, Zoo Curator at The Living Rainforest in Berkshire - see messages - added 17th May
- Turaco fridge magnets for sale £3.00 per set of three fridge magnets here - added 5th April
- Zanzibar Turaco pin badges for sale £2.50 per badge here (see brochure) - added 24th March
- More copies of "Turacos in Aviculture" by Kateri J. Davis available for purchase - added 7th January here
- Shop updated (Royal Mail price increases yet again on 1st January 2021 - the third price increase in less than 1 year!) - here
- Bibliography of articles from ITS Magazines on Turaco Management and Wild Observations (members only, link 'Resources') - updated 4th April
- Lost and found' link to UK National Pet Register