Turaco Society was set up in 1993 by a group of turaco enthusiasts
who met at the Cotswold Wildlife Park in Burford (Oxfordshire in England).
Anyone interested in any aspect of keeping or breeding turacos is
welcome to join.
The current pandemic is affecting us all in a range of ways, one of these being financially, for probably most of us, now and also in the long run. Although subscription to the ITS is not a large sum of money, combined with a number of other club subscriptions, it might not be a priority when finances are tight.
It was agreed in committee that we offer a subscription holiday for one year. It worked as follows. Members who had paid up to:
- 2018 - were offered the chance to pay for 2019 by the end of April 2020 (receive magazine issues 51 and 52) and get 2020 for free. Some did, but sadly 29 non-paying members were removed from the membership list on 6th May
- 2019 – got 2020 for free (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the members' password)
- 2020 – will get 2021 for free
- 2023 (1 member) – will get 2024 for free.
If you are a pdf member, then the extension is for one year of pdf membership, if a full member, then you get an extra year of full membership.
If anyone would still like to pay their subscription, then of course it will be gratefully received. Thank you to those members who have already done this.
My Chairman’s Report, normally given at the AGM, has been posted in the Members’ section of this website.
- £15 U.K. or overseas, if you want magazine issues posted to you.
- £10 U.K. or overseas, if you want magazine issues sent via e-mail link to download as pdfs.
support the I.T.S. You can apply or renew on
If you wish to pay a subscription directly into the ITS bank account, please contact the webmaster for details of our bank account.
Members, remember that you can advertise turacos wanted or for sale on this website, free of charge, see here.
A link to a pdf copy of Issue 53, Summer 2020, was e-mailed out to all pdf members on 16/05/20 and a printed version was posted out to all paid-up members by this date.
If you have anything which could be included in future issues, please e-mail them to email@example.com.