The International Turaco Society was set up in 1993 by a group of turaco enthusiasts who met at the Cotswold Wildlife Park in Burford (Oxfordshire in England). Anyone interested in any aspect of keeping or breeding turacos is welcome to join.
- £15 U.K. or overseas, if you want magazine issues posted to you.
- £10 U.K. or overseas, if you want magazine issues sent via e-mail link to download as pdfs.
support the I.T.S. You can apply or renew on
If you wish to pay a subscription directly into the ITS bank account, please contact the webmaster for details of our bank account.
Members, remember that you can advertise turacos wanted or for sale on this website, free of charge, see here.
Issue 56 - Winter 2021: A printed version was posted out to all paid-up members on 03/11/21 and a link to a pdf copy was e-mailed out on 04/11/21.
If you have anything which could be included in future issues, please e-mail them to email@example.com.
International Turaco Society AGM - Saturday 23rd April 2022: The 2022 AGM is planned for Saturday 23rd April 2022 at 2pm at Cotswold Wildlife Park, Burford, Oxfordshire, England, OX18 4JP - details.
We currently have a vacancy on the committee which is open to any existing member if they feel they would like to help towards the running of the society. They would need to be proposed and seconded in writing by two other existing members of the ITS, together with a brief note of what they think they could do to help the ITS. If more than one person is proposed, then there would need to be an election at the AGM.
- Numbers of members and which countries they come from (members only, link 'Information') - updated 25th November
- Members adverts - turacos wanted or for sale - updated 16th November
- The I.T.S. 2022 AGM, is planned for Saturday 23rd April 2022, at the Cotswold Wildlife Park, Burford, Oxon., England (see above) - updated 25th October
- ITS committee members added to here - edited 25th October
- Link to a website that emphasises just how important birds and other pollinators are for the planet as a whole (recommended by Megan) - other sites - added 10th September
- Turaco pencil tins for sale £10.00 each (three designs available) here - added 3rd June
- Magazine Issue 55 available for purchase - here - added 2nd June
- Message about Fischer's Turacos available from Tina Bouttle, Zoo Curator at The Living Rainforest in Berkshire - see messages - added 17th May
- Chairman's report for 2021, including accounts for the year (members only, link 'Meetings') - added 5th April
- Turaco fridge magnets for sale £3.00 per set of three fridge magnets here - added 5th April
- Zanzibar Turaco pin badges for sale £2.50 per badge here (see brochure) - added 24th March
- More copies of "Turacos in Aviculture" by Kateri J. Davis available for purchase - added 7th January here
- Shop updated (Royal Mail price increases yet again on 1st January 2021 - the third price increase in less than 1 year!) - here
- Update of members' password for 2021 (members only) - 1st January
- Magazine contents full list - updated 20th May
- Magazine extract for Issue 53 (members link 'Resources') - added 20th May
- Minutes of 2019 Committee Meeting and A.G.M. (members only, link 'Meetings') - signed off at 2021 meeting
- Bibliography of articles from ITS Magazines on Turaco Management and Wild Observations (members only, link 'Resources') - updated 4th April
- Lost and found' link to UK National Pet Register
- Members personal details, by request only (members only, link 'Information')